The 2018 SVHI AGM featured a number of voting issues. The voting procedures were not clear, in particular proxy votes. A number of irregularities occurred:
- One member's vote was not counted although he duly filled a proxy form in time
- Another members's votes were changed or recorded incorrectly
- Ballots were not kept at the office of the secretary for at least three months after the meeting.
- A recount of the vote was requested by 2 members, but this cannot be done since the ballots were destroyed
Proposed changes to voting system:
- Members who cannot attend AGM should vote electronically rather than use the proxy method. (electronic voting was approved at the 2018 AGM)
- SVHI bylaws must be finalized and sent to every member
- SVHI bylaws are made available online, updated with future changes to bylaws.
Click here for demonstration of voting system (login name is test, password is 108)